The Nihon Fukushi University Affiliated High School has a blog through which they provide updates for all their various activities. This includes regular updates for the wadaiko club "Rakko,"
our hosts while in Mihama. Even as I was writing updates for this blog, they were posting daily on theirs!
The contents are in Japanese, so if you're able to read Japanese the blog provides a great alternate perspective on the trip. Unfortunately, I won't be translating these, but even if you don't read Japanese there are some great pictures that compliment what I took on the trip!
I've listed all posts below for easy access. However, you can navigate yourself from the first post if you'd like. Each post is numbered (1-18), and at the bottom of each post is a navigation bar with "next post" and "previous post" written in English.
- The Pittsburgh students have come to Japan!
- Visit the Mihama mayor's office! Performing at Uotaro!
- Exploring Mihama!
- Morning Joint Practice Start!
- Afternoon - Science Center & Participation in an Event Sponsored by the Aichi America-Japan Society
- Visiting Wadaiko Group "Shidara"
- Continued - Visiting Shidara
- Harvesting Blueberries
- Continuing Joint Practices
- Experiencing Tokoname Ceramic Art, & Shopping
- The 3rd Joint Practice
- Sencha Experience, & Field Trip to Minamichita Beachland
- Rehearsals Continue
- Japan-America Joint Recital, Part 1
- Japan-America Joint Recital, Part 2
- Japan-America Joint Recital, Part 3
- The Japan-America Joint Recital Ends
- Moved by the Pittsburgh High School Student's Tearful Words